Craig Newmark (founder of Craigslist) recognizes that many goods for sale have unique properties and points of concern for buyers and sellers. He and the board are interested in deploying a posting process tailored to specific kinds of saleable items with the following goals:
- Make it easier for users to create listings
- Guide sellers to provide important sales information
- Get buyers the details that matter to them
Before implementing any major interface changes to the service, Craig and his board would like to prototype a new posting process tailored specifically for people selling cars and trucks.
The task is to design a new specialized interface and workflow for creating posts in the “Cars and Trucks” category on Craigslist.
- Dealership – This user frequents the vehicles for sale area of the site most often. They are more likely to utilize the posting function in addition to advertising their vehicles through other avenues. Dealers often post vehicles in large volumes.
- Individual Seller – Secondary user. This user only has an infrequent need to post a vehicle for sale. They are probably familiar with other areas of the site; such as, looking for items to purchase, apartment searching or job hunting.
Previous: Feature Summary
Next: User Analysis